You found a scorpion in your home – now what?
We get it. It’s a bit frightening to find your first scorpion. They are scary and their sting can be painful and dangerous for small children, the elderly and those with underlying health conditions. You can relax, however. Antiscorp is widely available in the Las Vegas valley and help is available should you get stung.
But, you want scorpions exterminated. Here’s how to take steps to keep them out of your home. Here are 5 tips experts suggest to keep the unwanted pest out of your home.
1. Seal the doors – make sure the doors are sealed tight all around. Scorpions can squeeze in through the tiniest cracks. Especially in summer and winter , scorpions want to escape the elements.
2. Seal can lights – scorpions can live and travel inside the walls of your house. seal vents, lights, outlets and can lights to keep any that are in the walls out of your living space.
3. Remove food sources – ants, roaches, earwigs – all pests have to be eliminated as scorpions will hunt them in and around your house and are attracted to their movements.
4. Remove damp items – scorpions like dampness. Keep bathrooms and kitchens dry and moist items off the ground.
5. Keep your yard debris free – if you have a good habitat for scorpions in your yard they will eventually make their way into your home. Don’t roll out the red carpet by keeping areas outside, pest, damp, and debris free as much as possible.